Monday, May 23, 2005

The Lagging of the Jets

Well it's been exactly 12 days since I've been back in Saudi, and I have just gotten over my jet lag. Since i've been back, my sleep cycle has been in some cross between Saudi and Thai time or something, cause I've been getting about 4 hours of sleep in the afternoon, and 4 hours of sleep at night. Though, it's not that it will do me much good to finally get off jetlag, because all of my days involve either venturing into downtown Al-Kobar or Al-Rashid, me going golfing in insanely hot temperatures, or me sitting on my ass munching on the SEMIRAMIS shawermas or the Latif cheesebread.

We're planning on taking a trip to Dubai one weekend before my brother and I head off to St. Louis for classes. Seeing as i've never been outside of the airport in that country, i'm looking forward to hitting up the electronics souk and buying mad electronics and possibly seeing a new movie or two (Starwars?). If anyone knows what else there is to do in Dubai other than shop, let me know, cause I want to see it.

Sorry about the lack of pictures I promised earlier, but rest assured I have been taking them. The only thing is, since pictures are not allowed to be taken here, I 've been sneaking around taking them on my cameraphone, and I can't get these off my phone unless I have cellphone service, which I only have in the US. Maybe i'll risk it and bust out the real camera next time...


Al-Rashed Mall
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bastard! I'm missing out on the semiramis shawarmas, and its making me sad. I hope you've been using your time wisely and have been busting it out at the weight room. Star Wars was good, don't ruin the experience by watching a bootleg, wait for the real thing!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home