Monday, June 06, 2005

Pictures... as promised!

Well here are the pictures from Oman I promised. I took a buttload of pics while I was over there, something like in the 100's or so, so I've limited the ones i'll post to like 15 or 20, and that's STILL a lot! Anyways, if you want to see more, then let me know foos.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our hotel, the Crowne Plaza, Muscat! AND, it's shaped like a cruise liner!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The view from outside our room... check out the mountains and the beach!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A shot of the mountains and a neighborhood of Muscat.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The fish market, they have these in Saudi too

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The huge Sultan Al-Qaboos Grande Mosque in the center of Muscat

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Inside the gates of the mosque...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Inside the mosque itself...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Still inside) They say it's the biggest chandelier in the world...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some random hott guy just jumped in front of the camera...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What the previous pic should have looked like...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Twin Forts of Muscat

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Sultan's Palace! We didn't have time to go in :-(

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Middle Eastern Starbucks

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
An ordinary mosque in Muscat... Can you believe they have one of these every few miles???

That's all for now, but I have tons more... If you want to see them, let me know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I liked the photos, but they made me sad and miss the middle east. :( I was kind of surprised that they allowed you to take pictures inside the mosque, but I guess they let us do that in Egypt

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dunno why I decided to read up on your blog - but those pictures are amazing. you are so lucky to live near/around such beautiful places. i would only be so lucky to make it there some day.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home