Friday, July 01, 2005

"What is your badge number?"

Daaaaaamn its July! It's been almost two months since I've left Dallas for summer break... I guess time really flies when you're sitting on your ass all day. And i've still got two whole months left till UT starts on August 31st :-) I've come to terms with my decision to go to UT Austin. I really think I made the right decision, and I'm really looking forward to going there. It should be a good time.

Anyways, I had an interesting experience the other day. Tyler, you will appreciate this. A friend and I went atop a hill in the jebels at 2 AM to smoke a little hookah and look up at the stars. Apparently, my truck, alone in the parking lot, appeared sketchy, and the ARAMCO police pulled up to it and started scoping it out. Now, we saw all this from our vantage point on top of the hill, and just laughed it off, since we weren't doing anything wrong. But then the cops got out of their car and started checking the sides of my car and shining flashlights inside... Anybody that knows ARAMCO police knows that this is unusual, especially for them. Usually they're so lazy that all they do is sit around and drink their tea and give you a hard time if they think you're a teenage driving without a license. Anyways, two more cops came, and pretty soon, I counted four cops chilling around my car. By this time, I was starting to get a little nervous, as I had never seen security make this big of a deal out of something before. So Hammad suggested that we go down and talk to them, and hopefully just tell them that we weren't causing trouble.

So we went down to them. As soon as one of the popo saw us, he started walking towards us with his flashlight.. They whole time I was thinking "ohh damn, I'm in trouble." But apparentl not... The reason that all the cops were around was because apparently, one of the cops, in all his infinite wisdom, had tried to drive his Chevy Caprice into the desert, and had gotten himself stuck in the sand. He had just radioed in for his buddies to come help him get out, and the reason they were looking in my car was because they saw how unbelieveably jacked my truck was and were looking for a towing cable in the hopes that I would come back and be able to pull them out. It turned out to be a fun night and all, Hammad and I felt bad that the reason the cop was stuck was probably because he was looking for us, so we stayed and helped until we got him out. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good time just hanging out with the popo at 2AM, but its still pretty sad that this is one of the most exciting things that I've seen this summer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahaha call security, Herb...

brudu Vinnoy

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SNAP That is one of the best Aramco stories ever! I wish I had been there for that; putting the Cherokee in four-wheel and pulling him out would have been phat, or maybe we could have busted the sandladders off the roof. Oh man, that would have been good...

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home