Monday, July 04, 2005

work

This summer, besides sitting on my ass, being lazy, and playing golf, I've been working at my old middle school (Dhaharan Junior High woo!) Anyways, since I've been back there, my jobs have ranged from helping teachers grade final exams to textbook inventory to lifting boxes across campus. Sadly, my 7 hour days are usually filled with a LOT more lifting than grading, but I guess it isn't all bad, cause I'm getting exercise (for $6 an hour too!)

Anyways, seeing all the enormous amounts of excess crap my school has lying around in storage boxes, i've come to realize something. I've never come across a school that has TOO much stuff. Too many computers, too many books, too many desks... more than enough to supply two schools with materials enough to last at least a full school year. At $61 a barrel, ARAMCO just isn't that concerned about recycling or conserving its school supplies. Although they do donate a good portion of their "old" or unused supplies, from what I've seen, they could afford to give just a lil bit more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aramco schools is awesome! Sounds like you had a party there, beats my job at Safeway for sure. Oh yeah, what would an oil company be without lavish excess?

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo man,

What's up with the no comment about London?

Brudu Oliver

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home