Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Where am I from today? Walk down around Jester Hall on any given day, and you'll see groups of different organizations, a lot of them ethnicity oriented, advertising different events they have planned by handing out fliers to people who seem to hail from the same ethnic group. Asians advertise to mostly asians, desis to desis, crackwhores to crackwhores, etc. So every time I walk through, I like to think of it as a test to see if people can figure out where I'm from. I know its weird, but for my whole life, for some reason people can never seem to be sure of what background I've decended from, and I find it amusing that some people seem to think that i'm some hybrid combination of either mexican, white, or asian. Heck, i've even got Indian a few times..... (to be clear, i'm Asian/Filipino by ethnicity) Anyways, I find it both a little funny and sad that I've never been apporached by ANY of the asian organizations, while every time I walk in there, I'm mobbed by hispanic fraternities and service organizations. So I find myself an outcast, rejected by the group that I call my own :'( ...Nah, just kidding. It's not that big of a deal. And it really shouldn't be anyways.


P.S. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Essey!
I think it's money that the hispanic frats all over you while the Asian organizations seem to ignore you. It might have something to do with the fact that you look like such a G!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home