Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It Starts...

If there's one thing wrong with having the most absolutely kickass break ever, its that you miss it too much once you're back at school.

I hadn't been back to the Philippines for over four years when I left last December. Although the thing I was looking forward most was seeing my grandma again, and that didn't happen, I still had a great time in the Philippines. It always used to be awkward going back mainly because I don't speak tagalog, but also partly because I barely ever see my cousins anymore, and since we're not five years old anymore, where all it took was a nintendo for us to have fun together, its usually pretty awkward between us.

But this time, everything was different. It might be because I'm old enough to appreciate travel or whatever, but who knows. I had a good time visiting all the family I have there, and got to see a lot of what the Philippines had to offer. When I was a kid, I never wanted to travel anywhere except the United States. I always thought the the Middle East and the Philippines were run down, dirty places compared to the rich, glitzy life of America. But since coming here, my appreciation for American life, especially the government, has gone down considerably. Life abroad just seems so much more simple and laid back than in the United States. I guess countries that get shit on so much don't have much of a reputation to worry about, so they chill out about most things.

I'm only gonna post one picture here because I made an album on thefacebook, so you can see them on there. Also, I have tons more if you want to see them.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
me, my bro, and one of my cousins about to go out

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. Yeah, there is nothing worse then having a great vacation and having to go back the drudgery of school :(

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home